Please Critique

This is a discussion on Please Critique within the Brutally Honest Photo Critique Requested forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Hey guys! Two more for your consideration. I've edited them a bit, just cropping in one and to correct for under-exposure in the other. They ...

Thread: Please Critique

Hey guys!
    Two more for your consideration. I've edited them a bit, just cropping in one and to correct for under-exposure in the other. They both seem to have the beginnings of compositional elements but seem to lack something. I'd like to hear how you think they could be improved. Feel free to photo shop 'em all you like.
    Thanks
    Chris

In this one I was trying to highlight the small, bright yellow tree in the bottom left. I was trying to capture some of the vibrant fall colors, but I'm not all that impressed with the way it turned out.
    [attachment=27565:IMG_0906_2_800.jpg]

Thanks to the architect that designed the new city yards structures, they took a lot of creative license. I just wish I could get to the other side of the fence; I am not a photo-ninja!
    [attachment=27566:IMG_0936_2_800.jpg]

PS any advice on how to attach the meta data?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

PHOTO EDITING OK
    With the first photo I have to wonder what the same scene would look like under different lighting conditions, such as early in the morning or late in the day. One cannot control the weather, but the cloud cover affects the light on the intended subject and in this case causes it to appear diffuse (unless unseen topographic features are obstructing the light.) Strong sun on your subject at the right moment would be ideal, (though of course this magical lighting is usually achieved either after a lot of waiting, or by serendipity.) In this particular shot, the sky is not very captivating and in the interest of balance should probably be cropped a bit.

In the second shot the structure is interesting, and those elements of the structure reflecting the light at that moment help bring it to life. The mostly-gray sky is naturally a bit bland and the overall color scheme is muted, incongruous, and somewhat unsuccessful--which is why this particular shot could benefit from black-and-white and a little cropping.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links