constructIve critique requested

This is a discussion on constructIve critique requested within the Brutally Honest Photo Critique Requested forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Sorry for not visiting the forum for a few weeks or so. I want to share with you some of my latest "experiences" with my ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Sorry for not visiting the forum for a few weeks or so.

I want to share with you some of my latest "experiences" with my camera, kindly asking for your advice and opinion which have always helped me to improve. Please, have no mercy. Thanks a lot and I wish to all of you GOOD AND WONDERFUL LIGHT!

[attachmentid=22962] [attachmentid=22963][attachmentid=22964][attachmentid=22965][attachmentid=22966]
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    beginner.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I like the bold colors of #1, and the arrangement of #2 is great .

I might suggest a little less 'sharpening' in #1. It seems that when people use the sharpening tool, it is easy to over do it and then the image looks 2 dimensional (the post looks like it was pasted on a picture).

I guess I would rather see a photo with too little photoshop than too much. I'm not sure how many other people feel that way, but it seems to be a common issue with digital photography-it's so easy to try to improve on a photo that sometimes we end up making it look fake.

Just my 2 cents worth-since you asked.

(Now I'm gonna feel real foolish if you tell me you didn't sharpen #1 )
    Ron
    Nikon D40X. 18-55VR, 55-200VR, 70-300VR, Sigma 150-500.

BE YOURSELF! Everyone else is already taken.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    #1 I like it allot, good urban shot! The blues works for me.
    #2 I like it allot, good eye and composition.
    #3 least favorite because of what is going on with the stem right under the bud???? Comp is fine!
    #4 I like it allot, The mass of yellow sloping to the right is nice!
    #5 I like it allot, Good European cityscape!
    BUY IT FROM OUR CAMERA STORE!

Nikon D200 came with 70-300 mm 1:4.5 lens......AF-S NIKKOR 17-55mm 1:2.8 (wide)......AF-S NIKKOR 50MM 1:1.4G
    Nikon D300 came with AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor ED 200-400 mm f/4 G IF
    Mamiya RB67 with 90mm f/3.5 180mm f/4.5

My flicker page

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks a lot for your opinions, banannabiker, they really help me to improve.

For the first photo, I used Lightroom: contrast, adjusted temperature and added some vibrance.

Indeed, it looks not realistic (surrealistic:P) and I have to think about this. Sometimes, I like it as it is But actually I am not sure. That is why I asked for opinions.

Thanks again for your kind comment!
    beginner.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    AKD200, thanks for your very punctual and well explained reply. I think I would have described my photos almost the same with the difference that the photo which is your least favorite is mine best favorite in this series presented here because I am in some sort of "THE GRAIN" period, enigmatic feeling and such things that will DEFINITELY PASS!!!!

(I took a look at your flickr photostream. It is amazing what is going on there! )

beginner.

Hub

PHOTO EDITING OK
    livia_leigh,

#1 I also liked this image for its composition and eye appeal. I might have used a little less saturation. But that's a taste thing.
    #2 My favorite. Excellent composition and exposure. I would probably lighten the vase some in post processing to offset the white in the background. Good detail highlight details and the subject is sharp.
    #3 This image may be grainy as a technique, but it's too soft for the eye to quickly determine a clear subject.
    #4 Composition and exposure is good. But it needs more depth of field. I could only find one petal that was truly in focus.
    #5 Good urban shot. Nice eye for catching local atmosphere. I probably would have moved closer to the subject or decreased my depth of field to make the biker stand out from the background. But, again, that's a personal preference.

Nice job. Keep up the good work.

Hub
    "There was once a time when Ansel Adams knew nothing about photography. There's hope for all of us."
    Visit Hub's Photo Educational & News Sites

Hub's Camera -- For the beginning DLSR User
    Hub's iDarkroom -- For starting in the digital darkroom
    Hub's Photo Tips -- General Tips for beginning DLSR User
    Hub's Visionary Photographers -- Images and words of wisdom from today's elite photographers
    Hub's Rising Stars of Photography -- Promoting the art and careers of today's emerging photographers
    The Portland Metro Photographic News -- All Things Photographic in Oregon and Washington

Hi:
    Well, here's my two cents worth:
    1. Looks like far too much post processing - colors too vivid. Composition okay but not very interesting subject.
    2. Great subject - too bad you put it on a slant. Put the vase in the lower left quadrant and basically square it up.
    3. Again, too much sharpening. Look at the edges.
    4. This could have been a great shot if you had paid more attention to Depth of Field. The foreground is blurred. With the stark color difference between the yellows and black the "out of focus" area is emphasized.
    5. This shot is far too busy. All that background is distracting.

Sorry to be so brutal but at least it is honest.

Phil

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I'm far from an expert but here is my opinion (as an innocent bystander):

1. I like this image but it feels like something is missing (maybe just a taste thing).
    2. I love the softness and simplicity of the image although I don't care for the slant, I think maybe less of a slant would appeal to me more.
    3. This is my least favourite, with the tiny flower being the only thing in focus I'd like it to be more substantial.
    4. I like this image alot, in the mass of narcissis it looks like one is trying to rise above croud.
    5. This is my favourite. I love how the background is so full of posters screaming for attention and yet the bicyclist has his back to them all like they mean nothing.

I'm sorry I can't offer any technical advice, as a hobbyist I just don't have those skills.

Marie
    Marie
    Nikon D5000, Nikkor AF-S 18-55mm VR f/3.5-5.6,
    Nikkor AF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks a lot for your opinions, they are very useful to me !
    beginner.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links