Critique My Pic

This is a discussion on Critique My Pic within the Brutally Honest Photo Critique Requested forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Hi All, I am new here. Was looking around here and thought this is a good place learn and get good feed back. So following ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Critique My Pic

Hi All,
    I am new here. Was looking around here and thought this is a good place learn and get good feed back. So following a photo I took at a park. What do you think?

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Welcome to the forum! I am not an expert by any means but if I may just offer my opinion.

The sun glare is the first thing that draws my eye instead of the intended subject of the kite flyers. I feel that you are too far away from your subjects for them to be the focal point of this picture. It is also not in sharp focus on my screen. Again, I think distance has to do with this. I like your idea of the shot, but for me it just doesn't do it.

I am sure that others here will be able to give you better details on how to fix this, but my comment would be to get in closer, with better focus and watch for light glare.

Keep on shooting!!!!
    Elaine

www.elaineobrienphotography.com

My Favorite number of the alphabet is Purple!!!

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Welcome to the forum

Thank you Horseaholic, Yorkshireman.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Welcome!

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

with heart and soul
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hallo,

In the first place also form me welcome.
    As for as youre post concerned, I think also youre too far away from the scene, but honestly I must say I like this picture anyhow!

Bujin
    Occupation: Retired as Sports teacher and Grandmaster Martial Arts/Advertising Manager/Advisor
    Hobbys: Sports/Photographing/People
    Photo Equipment:
    Canon Eos 300 D/Canon Eos 30 D/Kidlens, EF-28-105/EF 28-135?EF 53-300/Canon Speedlites 550 EX/420EX/Polarisation Filters/70-200 4.0 USM IS.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Welcome

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Welcome,

I too think the sun-glare pulls the eye and ruins the photo. And I too think it is too far away. The sun-glare could be fixed in Photoshop and the focus might be improved by using an unsharp mask filter, also in Photoshop.

I don't think it can be completely "saved" but with a little help from Photoshop it might look better.
    I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Ok, Thought I would play just a little. The edit could be much better but this gives an idea of what could be done. "Burned in " the grass, cropped the imag, and ran smart sharpen (all in Photoshop CS3)

I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

^ I see. Yeah, I agree it looks better, Thank you all. I appreciate your feedback. Irony is I added that glare on purpose, thinking it would give some sort of a cool feel to the photo.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links