Look,no hands!

This is a discussion on Look,no hands! within the B & W Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Didn't notice the peculiarities of this statue until I looked at it more closely in Lightroom. St Michael's church,Aldbourne,Wilts. Thanks for looking Karin...

Thread: Look,no hands!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Didn't notice the peculiarities of this statue until I looked at it more closely in Lightroom.

St Michael's church,Aldbourne,Wilts.

Thanks for looking

Karin
    Karin

Taking photos that please me, but if you like them too then it's a bonus!

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Good catch Karin - any history on the statues, looked up the church here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldbourne - intersting old place and fascinating the link with Albourne and "Band of Brothers", really is a small world

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    We had lunch in a pub opposite and there are lots of pictures of Easy company just before they left for France,sadly,many of the pictures also say " Died on D-Day"

I don't have any more info on the statue but have asked someone who lives in the village if they know what happened to the hands. One theory is that they may have been carrying rosaries which offended someone sometime ago...
    Karin

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Interesting photo -- and discussion. George always "digs" out the most interesting information.....

And, it is fascinating how we sometimes see things in our photos that we miss while shooting.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Interesting photo -- and discussion. George always "digs" out the most interesting information.....

And, it is fascinating how we sometimes see things in our photos that we miss while shooting.
    At the time I was more interested in getting the lighting sorted and the composition right...

On another forum this picture has stirred up quite a bit of interest and people are sending me all sorts of links but still no mention of those hands
    Karin

Equipment
    Sony A65, A700
    PHOTO EDITING OK

At the time I was more interested in getting the lighting sorted and the composition right...

On another forum this picture has stirred up quite a bit of interest and people are sending me all sorts of links but still no mention of those hands
    [/quote]

Nice Photo
    A lot of the time, the obvious is not so obvious when something else on a pic or situation for that matter draws attention first.
    Sony A65, A700: DT 16-105mm, DT18-55mm, 50mm 1.8, 75-300mm Minolta, 35-80mm, 28-90mm macro
    "Live life to the fullest for tomorrow may never come."

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Nice Photo
    A lot of the time, the obvious is not so obvious when something else on a pic or situation for that matter draws attention first.
    Thank you Very true.
    Karin

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links