PhotoForum.com Upgraded - Please Read!

This is a discussion on PhotoForum.com Upgraded - Please Read! within the Announcements forums, part of the FORUM INFORMATION DESK category; Welcome to the upgraded PhotoForum.com! We have upgraded the forum to the latest version of vBulletin, an industry leading forum software. Why? Because this way ...

Administrator
    Equipment
    Pentax K100D
    PHOTO EDITING OK

Exclamation PhotoForum.com Upgraded - Please Read!

Welcome to the upgraded PhotoForum.com!

We have upgraded the forum to the latest version of vBulletin, an industry leading forum software. Why? Because this way we can keep the community up to date with the latest security fixes and newest software features. Although it may seem quite a bit different at first glance, the basic functionality is the same and we hope you will find it an easy adjustment.

There may be a few issues that you have noticed or will notice as you navigate this new software. Please post any questions or concerns in the "Forum Help, Suggestions & Feedback" forum and we will do our best to address those issues as quickly as possible.

We hope you like the new look. There may be some minor additional changes over the next little while as we address issues that come up and add a few finishing touches.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    IMHO, so far it doesn't seem like an "upgrade" to me; but I'm eagerly looking forward to when the good part kicks in.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Hey Bill, I agree. The new forum owners have perhaps as many as a dozen internet "properties" and, as far as I can tell, they all run vBulletin. I like the other forum software better iPv6 (?) but I was told elsewhere that it's much more expensive than vBulletin. And, the new owners have the expertise and programming resources to build new skins customized to their needs - banner ads everywhere.
    I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    "Although it may seem quite a bit different at first glance, the basic functionality is the same and we hope you will find it an easy adjustment." After spending only a short time 'exploring' the various features and functions, I see most everything that was available with the old forum software and a few new features.

After the initial shock, I find the new forum quite easy to navigate...and, for the most part, like the new look. I appreciate the fact that any 'sticky wickets' and 'hiccups' that have occurred have been addressed/corrected in a very timely manner.

" banner ads everywhere." I don't want to stir up anything, but actually I'm seeing fewer ads -- only seeing two at the top of the page.

I realize that I'm not a tech savy as many forum members, but so far I'm not seeing anything that causes me to be overly concerned. As another forum member stated somewhere "Change is inevitable.'

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Well, I have been away for a little while (and missed the changeover) but today I have had a little play and it doesn't seem bad at all. From what I have done this evening all the important bits are still there and function just fine.
    Graydon

South Lincs UK
    Canon 7D | Sigma 10-20mm | Canon 24-105mm L | Canon 70-300mm L

India Trip | My Flickr Pages | My RedBubble Pages

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by marionet View Post
    IMHO, so far it doesn't seem like an "upgrade" to me; but I'm eagerly looking forward to when the good part kicks in.

What did you upgrade here?

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links