Photoforum Photography Challenges

This is a discussion on Photoforum Photography Challenges within the Announcements forums, part of the FORUM INFORMATION DESK category; New for 2008, and inspired by comments from members, we've decided to roll out a series of ''photography challenges" designed to inspire creativity and conversation. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Photoforum Photography Challenges

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK

New for 2008, and inspired by comments from members, we've decided to roll out a series of ''photography challenges" designed to inspire creativity and conversation.

How is this different from the weekly theme? First, we'll ask you to post only NEW pictures in this forum. We'll extend the time period from a week to two weeks or so. If a topic is hot - we might extend it. If nobody cares, we might start a new one! Secondly, the challenge will revolve around a tip, or a skill, or a perspective rather than content.

Many of you will see a similarity to our 20 Professional Perspective Tips, which this forum will replace. Some of those tips will be incorporated into these challenges. Some will come from other sources.

So the rules are these:

1. Only photos taken during the challenge period are eligible for posting.
    2. There is a 2 picture limit per post.
    3. Retouching (color/contrast/sharpen/crop) is fine, but complete image manipulation is discouraged.
    4. Discussion of techniques and motivations are highly encouraged.
    5. Remember - this is NOT a contest - no voting, no prizes - other than better photos!

The first challenge will begin Friday, February 1.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Jen
    Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Looking forward to it!

I hope everyone is up for the challenge!
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Photoforum Photography Challenges start today.

Challenge #1

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Looking forward to it!

I hope everyone is up for the challenge!

Yes, we accept the challenge..

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Professional Photographers In Mississauga
    Canadian owned and operated, we are Canada's national
    photography company.pnpphotography provide service in
    every major
    Canadian city including Professsional photographers in
    Brampton,professional photographers in
    Ontario,professional photographers in
    mississauga,professional photographers in Burligton and
    many more,

PHOTO EDITING OK

Here may be published BBS?

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    New for 2008, and inspired by comments from members, we've decided to roll out a series of ''photography challenges" designed to inspire creativity and conversation.

How is this different from the weekly theme? First, we'll ask you to post only NEW pictures in this forum. We'll extend the time period from a week to two weeks or so. If a topic is hot - we might extend it. If nobody cares, we might start a new one! Secondly, the challenge will revolve around a tip, or a skill, or a perspective rather than content.

Many of you will see a similarity to our 20 Professional Perspective Tips, which this forum will replace. Some of those tips will be incorporated into these challenges. Some will come from other sources.

So the rules are these:

1. Only photos taken during the challenge period are eligible for posting.
    2. There is a 2 picture limit per post.
    3. Retouching (color/contrast/sharpen/crop) is fine, but complete image manipulation is discouraged.
    4. Discussion of techniques and motivations are highly encouraged.
    5. Remember - this is NOT a contest - no voting, no prizes - other than better photos!

The first challenge will begin Friday, February 1.

bert
    Even if you did actually take that photograph - it's still spam.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Photo Assignments & Technical Challenges - If you are looking to sharpen your technical skills, or just enjoy participating in group assignment

PHOTO EDITING OK
    We are a local New York photography forum. ... What to expect at New York Photo Forum. Club house. Photo Challenge... 2012 Challenge Winners
    lancer likes this.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    is this challenge already finish? who won?

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links