Bad day for a dragonfly

This is a discussion on Bad day for a dragonfly within the Animals and Birds forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; This house sparrow caught itself a nice dragonfly, and spent several minutes battling it right in front of me before the insect finally subsided......

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Bad day for a dragonfly

This house sparrow caught itself a nice dragonfly, and spent several minutes battling it right in front of me before the insect finally subsided...

I think of birds as eating seeds and grain. But when I saw a downy woodpecker eating raw meat still on the bone in an eagle enclosure it finally dawned on me that they are meat eaters as well. Robins eat worms so I guess that should have been a clue. Now this. Great shots.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
    I think of birds as eating seeds and grain. But when I saw a downy woodpecker eating raw meat still on the bone in an eagle enclosure it finally dawned on me that they are meat eaters as well. Robins eat worms so I guess that should have been a clue. Now this. Great shots.
    Thanks! A lot of birds do subsist just on seeds and fruit, but many birds that are not typical raptors also eat other animals. Many songbirds are insectivores, and most shorebirds and many species of duck eat fish, clams, crabs and marine invertebrates. Crows will happily raid songbird nests for eggs or nestlings, and I've seen a robin catch a shrew! Even hummingbirds catch and eat small insects...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hello squirl033,

The shot which you took of sparrow eating dragonfly is just so good along with the detailing that is part of the picture. I wanted to know which camera and lenses do you use to capture such shots?

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Roshni View Post
    Hello squirl033,
    The shot which you took of sparrow eating dragonfly is just so good along with the detailing that is part of the picture. I wanted to know which camera and lenses do you use to capture such shots?
    Thank you, Roshni. These were shot with a Canon 7D MkII and a Tamron 150-600 lens.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Good close up capture
    I love photography, if you like my photo, please visit my website
    https://www.maxcompose.com

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links