How would you rate this picture?

This is a discussion on How would you rate this picture? within the Animals and Birds forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Please be honest how you'd rate this picture. It was a quick shot on a very rainy/stormy day (yesterday) and I just shot it quickly ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please be honest how you'd rate this picture. It was a quick shot on a very rainy/stormy day (yesterday) and I just shot it quickly with my new 24-105 4L lens that had arrived. Your opinions are very much appreciated! Thank you everyone

Shot at 105MM | 400 ISO | F/4 | 125 Speed with +.03 Exp. (In JPEG, usually I shoot in RAW mode)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Looks as though you might have been dealing with some windy conditions too(plant all the way to the left-but that could always be cropped out). Center(cat) is focused well, and the bokeh(though very slight is just starting in the background).

My guess is your going to have a LOT of great shots coming from the use of that lense! Congrats on the new 'toy'!!!!

Scott (I need some better glass too) B
    Sony a350
    Sony kit lense 18-70
    Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX
    Sigma 70-300mm APO
    Sigma 2x teleconverter/10x adapters/Kenko extention tube kit

Canon XS10IS PowerShot {PNS camera}

GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition {hanging under a DJI F450 FlameWheel quadcopter}

thanks. Someone else at another forum was complaing how it irks him "by the idea of people who have trouble getting down basic concepts but can afford and have $1,000 lenses" while he has to try and save up for a used 18-55 vr

I know I'm not the best but I am not terrible either and it's always good to practice with as best you can afford.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Composition is very good, and the use of color helps here. But in the end I kind of feel like it's just a cat photo, and does not really go too far beyond that.

What was your intent? If you were working with composition/color interaction, Ghent it is a huge success. If you were trying to take a portrait of the cat, I'm less sure. If you had no intent, get one.
    bear with me. i don't have an escape button...

Equipment
    Canon, Cambro/Calumet
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Exposure and colors looks good but it needs a drastic crop assuming the sidewalk street and most of the grass are not the main subject.
    Capture all the photons you want; the universe will make more.

Thanks guys, the intention for this photo was just couple of shots with the new lens. I've been waiting all day to come home and play with it as it arrived during the day while I was at work. So basically came home, mounted it, saw the cat sitting there and took a quick snap, really to see how clear it was compared to the kit lens and the borrowed lens I was using.

As for a portrait shot, I think this would be a candidate. Although this was a few weeks ago when I first got the camera and was using a borrowed lens (75-300mm) which isn't as clear as the L lens. But nonetheless want to share with you guys.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Much better Congrats on the new glass.

Actually taking a second look, it seems the cat is a bit blurry.. You might wanna open 'er up a little more.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Is that your cat? He looks like a cupcake but maybe a tad uneasy about that clicky thing pointed at him.

Equipment
    Canon 350D Canon Elan 7 Sigma 28-70 2.8 Sigma 70-200 2.8 Sigma135-400 4.5/ 5.6 Phoenix 100 Macro (1:1) Canon 420 EX Flash Better Beamer Flash Extender
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by smckeag81 View Post
    Actually taking a second look, it seems the cat is a bit blurry.. You might wanna open 'er up a little more.
    Or use a tripod or monopod.
    I like both shots

PHOTO EDITING OK
    idk then. if it's just a lens test I am not sure it's worth our time to comment on...

nobody commented the lens test i posted a couple weeks ago :outs::

bear with me. i don't have an escape button...

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links