*2nd & 3rd time photographing birds* (adding to original post)

This is a discussion on *2nd & 3rd time photographing birds* (adding to original post) within the Animals and Birds forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Finn, Among the best bird photographers on this Forum are (in my opinion) Sqirl, Fangman, and now Finn. (And there are other very good photogs ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Finn,

Among the best bird photographers on this Forum are (in my opinion)
    Sqirl, Fangman, and now Finn.

(And there are other very good photogs that I did not mention, also.)

After trying to shoot birds, I come to admire these members' work all the more,
    because I understand how difficult it is, to do it well.

Clear?
    "Images Of The Vanishing West"

www.GreatBasinLife.com

Finn,

Among the best bird photographers on this Forum are (in my opinion)
    Sqirl, Fangman, and now Finn.

(And there are other very good photogs that I did not mention, also.)

After trying to shoot birds, I come to admire these members' work all the more,
    because I understand how difficult it is, to do it well.

Clear?
    Uhh, thanks! I also can remove them: http://www.photoforum.com/index.php?showto...amp;#entry57008

Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Really makes you appreciate what Sqirl and Fangman do - and now Finn, too -- huh, Jen?
    ME TOO!

Yesterday afternoon I spied an unfamiliar bird in the tree - a most beautiful soft orange color, with black and white markings on its wings. Nearly broke my neck getting out the door to try and shoot it, and of course it flew away before I could get off a shot. It was back this morning, and the same scene. I ALMOST have it set up where I can shoot from the kitchen window.

I like the goldfinches.
    Thanks PR
    Yes, it makes me REALLY APPRECIATE what they do! It takes extreme patience and time to get the amazing & clear shots they get!
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Jenn and all,

I've been out of touch for quite a while. Sorry! I love identifying birds and am happy to help you. Squirl nailed most of 'em. To repeat...

1 & 2 are American Goldfinches (two additional species of goldfinch appear in North America -- Lesser and Lawrences -- in the western USA).

3 is a Blue Jay

4 & 5 are indeed Downy Woodpeckers. The closely related and virtually identical Hairy Woodpecker is slightly larger with a proportionately longer bill...

6 is a Tufted Titmouse (related to chickadees)

7 and 8 are indeed Mourning Doves

9 is American Robin (a couple other species are rarely seen in S. Texas, S. Arizona, etc.)

If I can be of further help IDing birds for folks, please PM me so I know to take a look! :-)

Cheers,
    --Stacy
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Alaska Photos: http://www.alaskafocus.net

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thank you so much AlaskaFocus!!
    I sooooo appreciate that you identified the remaining ones for me!
    When I get a better camera & zoom lens I will be back at this oark trying to get some better shots of these lovely birds! And when I post any bird photos on my website I want to make sure I identify them correctly

I was at the park again yesterday trying again and I haven't looked at the results to see if there were any clearer birds or ones that I hadn't seen before. The took down some of the bird feeders which was very upsetting but they left a few and the birds were still in the same area.

I'll definitely send you a "PM" if I post more birds that I need help with...

Thanks!
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Okay...so practices makes prefect (eventually) right? Well, one day I will capture some great bird photos but for now it's just practice, practice...

I went back to the park 4/30 and 5/2 to try to take some more bird photos:

Here's the best of the collection from that day...not perfect by any means at all but I'm trying...and there are an improvement from the 1st try .

This is my favorite new little guy..I just love those large innocent eyes. I'm not very good at identifying birds...I think this is the sme Tufted Titmouse (indentified previously by "AlaskaFocus") from my first post:

Same bird with a seed in it's beak:

Same little guy in a tree:

Need help identifying this beautiful bird

Need help identifying this little sweety(LOL):
    Minolta 35-105mm
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Need help identifying the little guy on the right:

Same little guy in post #6

Same little guy in post #6
    Minolta 35-105mm
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    #4 is a woodpecker -- but you'll have to rely on the experts to tell you what kind.
    #5 is a female blackbird
    #6 and #7 are sparrows -- again - refer to the experts for the exact type.
    Good shots!
    "Images Of The Vanishing West"

www.GreatBasinLife.com

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks PR
    Minolta 35-105mm
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    i haven't seen a woodpecker like that one, but if i had to hazard a guess, perhaps some species of flicker? i believe #5 is a brown-headed cowbird. #'s 6-8 look like a chipping sparrow, or perhaps an American tree sparrow... can't really tell which.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links