Those Wild and Crazy Meerkats at the Wild Animal Park

This is a discussion on Those Wild and Crazy Meerkats at the Wild Animal Park within the Animals and Birds forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Those Wild and Crazy Meerkats at the Wild Animal Park I took these shots at the San Diego Wild Animal Park, the lookout guy was ...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Those Wild and Crazy Meerkats at the Wild Animal Park

I took these shots at the San Diego Wild Animal Park, the lookout guy was on top of a mound while at the bottom his friends were huddling up together. I could just imagine the little lookout guy saying:

"You guys down there keep trying to break the world's record for the biggest Meerkat Ball while I, Habusu, keep my out on this suspicious looking guy with the funny white lens"

--gatorbill-75
    http://gatorbill.zenfolio.com/

PHOTO EDITING OK
    #2 is adorable! These guys are always really fun to photograph, nice job!
    -Michael
    CC Always welcome and appreciated.
    My Flickr

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I just love #1 - can't look at these guys now without thinking about that silly advert on TV (for the non UK people there is a comparison site called comparethemarket.com which runs a series of adverts using the parody of comparethemeerkats.com -clever marketing people I guess

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks Michael & George, yes these guys were just drawing a big crowd and people were just laughing hysterically while the Meerkats seemed to be putting on a show.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I really like both of them (I can't think of meerkats without thinking of the insurance ad either )
    Lesley

PHOTO EDITING OK

Quote Originally Posted by fellmare View Post
    I really like both of them (I can't think of meerkats without thinking of the insurance ad either )
    Thanks, I visited the comparethemeerkats.com and it's hilarious, I sure would love to earn a "purple paw

Doing some internet research on this I found out that the meerkats do this for warmth in the everning right before they go into their burrows underground fot the night. This shot was taken around 5PM as I was leaving the park on a failry cold day by SoCal standards.

--gatorbill-75

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links