Fading Bobcat

This is a discussion on Fading Bobcat within the Animals and Birds forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; I visited a wildlife refuge on the west coast of Florida and saw this native Bobcat. As much as I tried to add contrast and ...

Thread: Fading Bobcat

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I visited a wildlife refuge on the west coast of Florida and saw this native Bobcat. As much as I tried to add contrast and brightness, I couldn't get a final product I was satisfied with. Then, it dawned on me...these cats hunt by stealth. You're not supposed to see them. They blend in with the background. So I left the shot as it was with minor cropping.

Nikon D300, Nikkor 70-300mm ED IF VR, Nikkor 24-120mm ED IF VR

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Nice shot of a usually very shy beautiful cat. I guess it knows it's safe. How close were you? Is there a fence there?

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Lovely shot. Was it slowly moving? I normally associate bobcats as a blur of fur running to hide.
    -Laura-
    Digital: Olympus E-410- Zuiko 14-42, Zuiko 40-150

Film:
    Olympus OM-2 (35mm film) -Zuiko 50mm- Zuiko 75-150mm- Soligor 28mm- Sigma 35-70mm Macro

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing." Dale Carnegie

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I really like this image...don't get to see bobcats often...nice cat, I want one.

David
    Canon 50D
    Canon 7D
    EF 70-200mm f4L IS
    EF 100mm f2.8L IS Macro
    EF 24-105mm f4 IS
    Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6

Sigma DG 150-500mm f5-6.3
    Mitz 44AF-1 Flash
    Mitz 48AF-1 Flash

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    It was about 50-60 feet away in a very large enclosure that included a lot of natural habitat. This particual cat appeared to be stalking a Florida Panther in an adjacent enclosure.

There are fences to seperate the different species, and each is designed to keep the particualr animal safe from intrusion since they are all there for reasons of safety and protection. It's a refuge for native species that have been found sick or injured. If they recover sufficiently, they will be released back into the wild, but many cannot return to the wild and they spend their days here. Bald Eagles, Black Bears, Key Deer, several varieties of Owls, Otters, Manatees, and LOTS of birds are maintained here. It is one of the nicest habitats offered in Florida...

Nikon D300, Nikkor 70-300mm ED IF VR, Nikkor 24-120mm ED IF VR

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links