My cat's personality

This is a discussion on My cat's personality within the Animals and Birds forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; I woke up this morning to see my cat laying on my boyfriends legs bathing herself in the sun coming through the window. I immediately ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I woke up this morning to see my cat laying on my boyfriends legs bathing herself in the sun coming through the window. I immediately thought "camera!", and I don't know what that says about the current state of my mental health.

Anyway, I've seen so many shots of cats on here that seem to speak of their personalities. Cats playing in gardens, leaping to catch things etc. My cat sleeps 20 hours a day, and her favorite things include lying in bed with us, and following us around the house.

I'm really happy with these shots, and I feel they convey her personality perfectly.

-Laura-
    Digital: Olympus E-410- Zuiko 14-42, Zuiko 40-150

Film:
    Olympus OM-2 (35mm film) -Zuiko 50mm- Zuiko 75-150mm- Soligor 28mm- Sigma 35-70mm Macro

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing." Dale Carnegie

pay no attention to the stars! im still a newbie!
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Ah, the light makes it interesting. The last one is great, I think cropping off the right might make it better.
    Sai Krupa
    ....only an amateur!
    With a Canon PowerShot A 590 IS and a Nikon D3000 (18-55mm lens)

My photo blog: http://saikrupaphotography.blogspot.com/

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thank, Saisirius.

Here's a cropped version of the last one.

I was sort've playing with the negative space, but you're right, it's not really working with the second window in that shot.
    -Laura-

Film:
    Olympus OM-2 (35mm film) -Zuiko 50mm- Zuiko 75-150mm- Soligor 28mm- Sigma 35-70mm Macro

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing." Dale Carnegie

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Wish I could get Felix to sleep 20 hours a day cats have personalities and do change their facial expressions to convey their mood.

Nice use of the light and the crop does work better

Lovely ones... The sun rays makes her a heroine..
    Kindly
    Mahesri
    A picture is a slice of life!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Love the lighting.........very pretty kitty!
    Geri
    People that hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life. ~Faith Resnick

Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70mm 2.8, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon 70-200mm 2.8 VR, Nikon TC-17E teleconverter.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks everyone.

She's probably about 15 (don't know exactly, she's a rescue), and in her younger years she only slept 18 hours a day instead of 20.

She's just a very mellow gal, never been the type of cat who liked to run and play. She does love windows though, those missing peices of the blinds are her doing.
    -Laura-

Film:

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Um well I think the tight crop works well and makes it a good portrait but I really like the other light- sort of a reflection or reminder of the window light on her face. I tried another cropping and would like it better if there were more picture in front of her face. I lost some of the color cast to bring out her color more.

Looks like another pampered kitty

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks, Marionet! That looks really nice.

I got some pictures of her looking at the camera more, but because of the lighting they didn't look quite right. I couldn't get in for a better angle because my boyfriend was asleep underneath her.

Some day I will learn the ways of the photo tweeking. Right now I'm super focused on just making a picture!
    -Laura-

Film:

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Although now that I think about it, he did move... so maybe I could've gotten a different angle.

I'm sure she'll bask herself in the morning light again soon so I can try for more shots.
    -Laura-

Film:

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links