My little chickadee

This is a discussion on My little chickadee within the Animals and Birds forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; The weekend snowstorm seem to catch the bird population off guard. This black-capped chickadee seemed to not know what to make of it! A northern ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    The weekend snowstorm seem to catch the bird population off guard.

This black-capped chickadee seemed to not know what to make of it!

A northern Cardinal puffed up against the cold...

And all the snow made my neighbor's feeder a very popular place!

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Equipment
    Nikon D90,Sigma lens,monfroto tripod
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    These are great I love the third one it looks like a mirror image with the cardinal in the background. Thanks for sharing

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Excellent shots Grandpa!! I love the bokeh you're getting with that DOF. Well done!
    -Michael
    CC Always welcome and appreciated.
    My Flickr

Looks like a nice variety, chickadees, cardinals, pine siskins, house finches and goldfinches. All I get are woodpeckers, nuthatches and chickadees at my set up. I can't wait for spring.

MLD

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I love these bird pics! I get these same birds in my back yard - the cardinal is always my fav, and I always try to get pics but I don't have any good ones to share. Great photos!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    These are great I love the third one it looks like a mirror image with the cardinal in the background. Thanks for sharing

Just what I was thinking.Great shots as usual Dane .

Brian

Hub

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Excellent job as usual Grandpa. Your first image definitely captures the scale and fragility of the bird. Very nice series and great models.

Hub
    "There was once a time when Ansel Adams knew nothing about photography. There's hope for all of us."
    Visit Hub's Photo Educational & News Sites

Hub's Camera -- For the beginning DLSR User
    Hub's iDarkroom -- For starting in the digital darkroom
    Hub's Photo Tips -- General Tips for beginning DLSR User
    Hub's Visionary Photographers -- Images and words of wisdom from today's elite photographers
    Hub's Rising Stars of Photography -- Promoting the art and careers of today's emerging photographers
    The Portland Metro Photographic News -- All Things Photographic in Oregon and Washington

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks, friends. I've always considered birds one of the most difficult subject I attempt and am seldom satisfied with the result. The snow and my neighbor's feeder made these guys enough of a captive audience for me to be able to sneak up on them a bit. These are mostly still fairly heavy crops at the long end of my 70-200.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Dane, I just find myself excited to see your photos whenever you post them! They are just so beautiful!
    Geri
    People that hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life. ~Faith Resnick

Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70mm 2.8, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon 70-200mm 2.8 VR, Nikon TC-17E teleconverter.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Dane nice series - nice to see some wildlife from you too. Looks like we both use neighbours feeders

Great bokeh from that lens - love those cardinals. I'd be making more visits to that garden

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links