"Do you want us to put him to sleep?"

This is a discussion on "Do you want us to put him to sleep?" within the Animals and Birds forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; You may remember this Photo I posted a few weeks ago. Unfortunately he was taken ill last sunday and admitted to an emergancy hospital. On ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    You may remember this Photo I posted a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately he was taken ill last sunday and admitted to an emergancy hospital. On monday the vet phoned me at work and asked the question that forms the title to this post. I now had to make a decision about the future of this wonderful member of the family. I still cannot describe that awful moment. He was under anaesthetic and the vet said it would be easier now whilst he was still under. An abnormal mass had been discovered in his abdomen (It was thought he had advanced cancer). I don't know if anyone has ever been in this situation? It's beyond description.

Well, I said how about operating and see exactly what is wrong and then I'll decide. They did and discovered he had a diseased kidney, which has now been removed. He came home today, he isn't eating and the vet is hoping that he might rest better at home and start to eat. I hope so I have missed having him around, he's only eight. All my fingers are crossed.

Taken tonight.
    Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words "I have a cunning plan" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Edmund Blackadder

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Poor fella he looks so tired. As a pet owner that's one of the toughest decisions to make. I hope everything works out. Good luck to you and your family.
    Get OUT and SHOOT Y'ALL...........Sitting at the 'puter don't make better photos!!!!!!

Some of my crappy photography on FLICKR

My friends call me John
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    That is so hard to have to deal with. All the good thoughts and healing vibes I can muster are going his way.
    Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again.
    Henri Cartier Bresson

the poor guy, and im sorry.

i completely understand, as i just a few months ago put my dog down when she had a lump in her throat. she was 12 lived a good life (aside from the odd being yelled at, kicked out of the way, or biting all of us, lol) but she was one of my best friends in the whole world. id be tempted to say she was the only thing i ever think understood me, and not cause of any silly reasons, but just the fact that me and her were so much alike. if i was grumpy she knew, and she knew the slightest ways to approach me to let me know she knew, or cared, or just wanted a treat lol.

to be honest just thinking about your situation right now makes me sad for you, and for me cause i remember it so clearly. i don't got any good advice for you. if your pup doesn't look like he's getting any better then i would put him down. he'd rather be gone, then be a burden, or not be able to live the healthy life he needs, dogs like to die with dignity. tho he may get better, give him a bit, but you'll know if the times comes that the tough decision has to be made. and then all you need to do is remember the good times.

my dog was still running around and being normal, but she stopped eating, and she was throwing up alot. it was when she stopped eating that i realized she was telling me she'd had enough. (we couldn't afford surgery).

im truely sorry, i hope he gets better.
    "Swans aren't normally cyan. But again, it could just be my taste." -Charles

PHOTO EDITING OK
    **sniff sniff** I hope he gets better real soon... he is soo beautiful.. and so full of life in that first photo... I'll remember to pray for him for a speedy recovery. I also wish you a better week!!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Man Tyke, I am pulling for ya. I think you've done everything I would have done to this point. I really wish the best and know if I were in the same situation with my dog I would be heart broken.

Hang in there, stay positive and let us know how things are going. We're all thinking about you.

MIKE

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you Bob, hope he gets better soon, and I'm sure he knows he's home with his family now, which will make him feel loved like he is.
    Rob & Dottie
    Rob
    Nikon D300 & D70 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Nikon 18-70mm | Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300mm VR
    Olympus EVOLT E-500 | Zuiko 14-45mm | Zuiko 40-150mm | OM - 4/3 adapter | Assorted OM lenses
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    So sad... Pulling for him, Bob.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Stephanie Jean :)
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Oh dear...this made me get all teared up.
    lots of loving, healing thoughts your way.
    ~Stephanie~
    "I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love." Mother Teresa
    Me on Myspace
    sugadosio@att.net

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    My heart goes out to you.
    John B

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links