Objects in Mirror are Closer Than They Appear

This is a discussion on Objects in Mirror are Closer Than They Appear within the Animals and Birds forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; what a smart little guy! and your skills inspire me hsaunders21, I think you're adorable and I think most of Photoforum would agree....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    what a smart little guy!
    and your skills inspire me
    hsaunders21, I think you're adorable and I think most of Photoforum would agree.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hub, Arla - I did print a couple of these on the small side for use at my office. To this point I've not pursued publication. I guess I should look for an opportunity.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING OK

One could wait a lifetime for an opportunity like this and then miss it! You've done fantastically well here Dane!

[/quote]
    not much more i can say than whats been said.. great set!
    ~ Kim, mom of 3, and avid fotomamma! Shoots with a Canon 50D

Beginner
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Dane, I absolutely love this series of shots this little guy is just awesome We had a bird that use to come to our front window where our Molluccans cage was when I had him for 3 yrs straight that bird would come and hang out at the window with him it was so strange I know it was the same bird too. This little guy is so cute !!!!! Thank you for sharing the story. Debbie

An Old Guy with a Photo Hobby
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I`ll bet that bird thought he was having a battle royal that day!! Birds generally think their reflections are rivals.
    "Some days I fail so quickly it makes my head spin around!" Agnes Comic Strip
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/38470742@N08/

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks, Debbie.

David - he kept it up for probably close to 30 minutes - I just kept creeping closer, and when I did, he'd hop to another part of the truck and then to the next mirror. When I finally packed up to leave, he hung on to my radio antenna until I was up to about 25 MPH!

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

pay no attention to the stars! im still a newbie!
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    wow!
    Sai Krupa
    ....only an amateur!
    With a Canon PowerShot A 590 IS and a Nikon D3000 (18-55mm lens)

My photo blog: http://saikrupaphotography.blogspot.com/

you know whats funny about this.

ive noticed over the last few months of this past summer that my mothers drivers side door had incredible amounts of bird poop on it. wash it off, and the same thing over the next few days. not to mention and incredible amount of scratchs were starting to take place all over the center of the mirror like it was being sand blasted.

so one day as i was walking up to the house i saw a bird, perched on the mirror. pretty much same as your pictures there, and he was pecking furiously at his reflection in the mirror. never saw this behaviour before.. but i sat there for half hour watching him do it. quite funny.

i dont think it needs to be said, but GREAT shots. perfect time and place situation.
    "Swans aren't normally cyan. But again, it could just be my taste." -Charles

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links