Objects in Mirror are Closer Than They Appear

This is a discussion on Objects in Mirror are Closer Than They Appear within the Animals and Birds forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; They are all excellent Dane! Great job! Bet you're glad the dock was flooded now!...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    They are all excellent Dane! Great job! Bet you're glad the dock was flooded now!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    You must be a good clean living type of guy to be afforded this pleasure!!
    Super series and very sharp (them Macro lenses come in handy eh!)

Peter
    Canon 40D, 30D, 70-200 L, 100 Macro, 75-300, 24-85 & 50 1.8

always learning!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    wow...I agree!! AWESOME set of pics. He's so darn cute!!
    this is my 'best' model....my granddaughter Hannah
    http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...gnaturebar.jpg

total newbie trying to make friends with my NIKON D40X W/18-55 II, 55-200 VR DX,
    Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro, Sigma 30mm 1.4 and the SB 600

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Dane I think it all been said but what a stroke of luck and a great opportunity to be able to see let alone catch all that, I guess this has to be one of those times that you remember for the other 1000 times you say "If only I had my camera with me"

They really are well taken too, I think this is the reason I love wildlife photography so much because it is something that is always tantalisingly out of reach and on occasions like this we bring it so much closer for ourselves and to share with others. Whether it's a polar bear on an Arctic ice floe or a simple sparrow on your windowsill I am always in awe of it.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks, everyone! As I've often said - a significant part of photography is "right place, right time!"

They are all excellent Dane! Great job! Bet you're glad the dock was flooded now!
    Thanks, Chrissy - sometimes things just fall in place - if I'd been taking pictures of trees, I'd have missed this guy.
    You must be a good clean living type of guy to be afforded this pleasure!!
    Super series and very sharp (them Macro lenses come in handy eh!)

Peter
    Thanks, Peter! I was very glad that that lens was on the camera when I got to the truck!

Dane I think it all been said but what a stroke of luck and a great opportunity to be able to see let alone catch all that, I guess this has to be one of those times that you remember for the other 1000 times you say "If only I had my camera with me"

They really are well taken too, I think this is the reason I love wildlife photography so much because it is something that is always tantalisingly out of reach and on occasions like this we bring it so much closer for ourselves and to share with others. Whether it's a polar bear on an Arctic ice floe or a simple sparrow on your windowsill I am always in awe of it.
    Thanks, George - I hope that never changes. Photography as a passion has given me a much greater awareness and appreciation for all the amazing stuff around me!

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Dane, these really are once-in-a-lifetime images.
    They ought to be published SOMEWHERE.
    "Images Of The Vanishing West"

www.GreatBasinLife.com

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Was getting bored, tooling around and I came on these. A great series, made the trip worthwhile.
    And I agree with Arla, these really should be published somewhere.
    I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

Equipment
    Digital: Canon 40D, 7D 18-55 EF-S 55-250 EF-S 100 EF Macro Sigma 50mm Macro 17-40 L 100-400 L - Film: Minolta XGM
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Fantastic catch Dane, and (as usual) you did a superb job! Very nice series.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks, Arla, Charles, Jerry. I really appreciate the encouragement. Maybe these are worth submitting somewhere... not sure where, but somewhere...

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Nice pictures, birds really are territorial, it's amazing they don't get sick of pecking at themselves in the mirror. This one appears to be a warbler, not a goldfinch. I will try to find out what kind of warbler it is.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links