Show Us Your Accidental Photography

This is a discussion on Show Us Your Accidental Photography within the Abstract & Concept Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Back in the "olden days" of film, I noticed that many of the wasted frames that occurred from loading the camera and then advancing the ...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

PHOTO EDITING OK

Arrow

Back in the "olden days" of film, I noticed that many of the wasted frames that occurred from loading the camera and then advancing the film 2 or 3 frames without paying any attention as to what I was shooting had some interesting photographic and near abstract qualities. Since that time I've digitized and saved many of these "wasted" frames to give me something to experiment with on rainy days. Even with my digital camera, I find that once in a while I will accidentally hit the shutter button, waste a digital frame, and still come up with some interesting images. However, I can't take any credit for the images. They were completely the idea of my camera.

[attachmentid=21167]

[attachmentid=21168]

So all of these "goofs" have been saved in a folder I call "Accidental Photography". Here are a couple examples of "wasted" frames that after some Photoshoping and TLC still have visual appeal and interest. Well... at least to me.

Do you have any similar experiences in Accidental Photography?

Sometimes the best we do in life are total accidents.

Happy Holidays!

Hub
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "There was once a time when Ansel Adams knew nothing about photography. There's hope for all of us."
    Visit Hub's Photo Educational & News Sites

Hub's Camera -- For the beginning DLSR User
    Hub's iDarkroom -- For starting in the digital darkroom
    Hub's Photo Tips -- General Tips for beginning DLSR User
    Hub's Visionary Photographers -- Images and words of wisdom from today's elite photographers
    Hub's Rising Stars of Photography -- Promoting the art and careers of today's emerging photographers
    The Portland Metro Photographic News -- All Things Photographic in Oregon and Washington

PHOTO EDITING OK

This shot, I was with some friends downtown and heard sirens, so I set up the shot if they came down where I was, well they did come down the road, and I clicked the shutter open for the say 30 sec exposure, but when the trucks went by so fast, I picked up the tripod and turned it 180 degrees WHILE THE SHUTTER WAS STILL OPEN!

LARGE

Most of my accidents involve my workhorse Mamaya RB 6X7 which is totally manual, you have to cock the shutter each time, advance the film each time and then take a reading with a hand held light meter. The easiest thing to forget was the advance film step so I was always making double exposures, which sometimes yielded real good shots!
    BUY IT FROM OUR CAMERA STORE!

Nikon D200 came with 70-300 mm 1:4.5 lens......AF-S NIKKOR 17-55mm 1:2.8 (wide)......AF-S NIKKOR 50MM 1:1.4G
    Nikon D300 came with AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor ED 200-400 mm f/4 G IF
    Mamiya RB67 with 90mm f/3.5 180mm f/4.5

My flicker page

PHOTO EDITING OK
    That's it.

An accidentally PERFECT picture.

Way to go.

Hub
    "There was once a time when Ansel Adams knew nothing about photography. There's hope for all of us."

Hub's Visionary Photographers -- Images and words of wisdom from today's elite photographers
    Hub's Rising Stars of Photography -- Promoting the art and careers of today's emerging photographers
    The Portland Metro Photographic News -- All Things Photographic in Oregon and Washington

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Hmmmm.....I've got an "accident" that I just love. Hope you do too!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I might have to stop deleting my accidental photos, some of these are rather spectacular.
    yepseeya!
    Lukas W.

My deviantART gallery

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Feel the rythym of Sue's picture?

Nice accidental art.

Hub

Little Talent, Lots of Luck.
    PHOTO EDITING OK

My girlfriend didn't know what long exposure was, so she clicked a picture, and the camera kept going, and she didn't know what it was doing so she turned it around, and looked at it, moving it around a while. Lol. This was the result.
    Sony A200
    18-70 Kits Lens
    Minolta 100-200 f/4.5
    Minolta 50mm f/1.7

I will use a watermark when my pictures get good enough for someone to steal.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Accidental art at its best. Nice goof.

Here's one I shot at a night softball game when I thought the camera was set for shutter priority, but it was actually in aperture priority mode. The pitcher's parents loved the picture. Of course, I took the creative credit. It's in their living room.

[attachmentid=21169]

You just never know. Another interesting failure.

Hub

PHOTO EDITING OK
    At the risk of loosing all photographic credibility, here's another one of my leader frames from loading and advancing my old film camera.

Has a sort of 1920s feeling about it.

[attachmentid=21174]

Hub

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I may have to start keeping those boo boos too
    Cool stuff!
    My Gallery

Nikon D700,D80
    35-70 f/2.8
    85MM 1.4
    60MM 2.8 AF-S Micro
    18-200VR
    50MM 1.8
    SB800
    CNX2